Men’s Support Group
Is a psycho-educational program for male victims of violence in an intimate partner relationship. It is a program that promotes & supports change for men who want to be part of a healthy relationship and have a non-abusive future. The 8 week program addresses issues of abuse in intimate relationships and offers methods of coping with its effects.
The goals of the program are for participants to:
- Participants recognize and understand the dynamics of abuse.
- Participants learn to take responsibility for choices related to their own and their children’s well-being.
- Participants gain confidence in their ability to co-create healthy, abuse-free relationships.
There are four principle sections in the group, each section building on the knowledge and understanding gained in the previous components.
- Validation that the men are, or have been, victims of abuse.
- Identification and recognition of abusive behaviors.
- Challenging prevailing belief systems.
- Regaining confidence in the ability to have healthy, non-abusive relationships.
- This program is free.
When is it available?
Registration for our fall groups is now open
January 8 – March 12
Tuesday 5 – 7pm
Men’s Group is offered for 8 consecutive weeks. Individuals interested in this program must pre-register. For current program start dates or more information, call 403-347-2480