Domestic Abuse Response Team
The Domestic Abuse Response Team is intended to focus not only on immediate crisis needs of families, but provide early intervention and ongoing support to help individuals and families avoid reaching further crisis.
A partnership between Red Deer Regional Hospital Emergency Department and The Outreach Centre that focuses on the prevention of further victimization, decreases utilization of healthcare services, and encourages survivors of violence to seek supports needed to make positive changes in their lives and the lives of their children.
Referrals to DART are ONLY through the Emergency Department of Red Deer Regional Hospital.
DART staff will:
- provide patient with crisis intervention
- provide patient with domestic violence information
- assess further immediate risk of domestic violence
- develop a 24 hour safety plan (including accommodations)
- discuss patient safety upon discharge from the Emergency Department
- upon consent follow up with patient the following business day
If you would like more information regarding the DART team, domestic violence support and/or be connected to an Outreach Worker please call 403-347-2480.