Let us Introduce Ourselves:
The Women’s Outreach Society strives to improve the safety, social and emotional needs of women and their families through one-on-one discussions, information, and public awareness.
Mission: Working to end family violence and poverty by supporting people in their pursuit of a safer, healthier more secure life.
Mandate: Help people address domestic abuse and overcome the effects of poverty through the development of effective partnership, relationship, education and programs.
Outreach Workers assist with:
Supporting women and families experiencing domestic abuse/violence, difficulties in meeting their basic needs and identifying barriers to reach their personal goals.
- Supporting individuals and families in identifying their needs and concerns
- Accessing support services related to individual needs
- Supporting women and families experiencing the effects of domestic abuse/ violence
- Legal Support
- Supporting women who are leaving the Women’s Emergency Shelter
- Crisis Intervention & Support
- Meeting basic needs
What is right for you?
- To provide support to the individual
- To assist women & children dealing with poverty
- To provide access to safe and affordable housing
- To provide legal support services